Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Favourite listens in 2006

On average I listen to a book a month so here are my favourite three listens from last year:

Louise Anderson - Perception of Death
Unfortunately the follow-up keeps getting pushed back. Currently it'll be out in 2008, 4 years after PoD. And the ending of PoD leaves you breathless for the next one.

Ann Cleeves - Raven Black
I reviewed this for Mystery Women for the next newsletter. It's the Dagger winner and I've not heard a bad word said about it. A whodunnit set on Shetland
[Sunnie Gill reviewed the print version recently for Euro Crime.]

Karin Fossum - Don't Look Back
I meant to review this but didn't. It's a fabulous book, and the narrator David Rintoul has a gorgeous voice. Unfussy prose, well developed characters, a taxing whodunnit and an ambiguous ending. I've just listened to the next one and I do hope to review that though I didn't enjoy it as much as DLB.
[Reading matters has a longer review.]

No comments: