Friday, January 05, 2007

Favourite reads in 2006

I'm collating the other Euro Crime reviewers' five favourite British and European reads of 2006 for a page on the website, but in the meantime here are my choices:

Andrea Camilleri - Excursion to Tindari
Gianrico Carofiglio - A Walk in the Dark
Olive Etchells - Footprints of the Devil
Dominique Manotti - Dead Horsemeat
Fred Vargas - The Three Evangelists

About 1/3rd of my reading in 2006 was of European crime in translation and included five of the nominees for the International Dagger, three of which are in the above list.

2 comments:

Uriah Robinson said...

Some great choices there Karen. I am just about to finish Excursion to Tindari. I have enjoyed Camilleri's usual blend of mafia, seafood, beautiful women and humour so much that I am going straight on to Rounding the Mark.

Karen (Euro Crime) said...

Have you read Scent of the Night?