Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Alatriste film to be released in the UK?

I've been surfing away trying to find a release date for the film or dvd of Alatriste - the most expensive Spanish film ever, starring Viggo Mortensen, which is based on several Captain Alatriste books by Arturo Perez-Reverte. I've found mention of a release date of the film as May 2007. Meanwhile, residents of the Manchester area can go along to the Cornerhouse which is showing Alatriste on the 23rd, 24th and 25th March.


Read the Euro Crime review of the audio version of Captain Alatriste, the first book in the five book series.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yikes, I'd better get up there, then (town of my birth). However, I have to say that the big moustache does nothing for me. I've also seen stills of him with a hanky tied on his head, again, not sartorially impressive. But the movie sounds quite good, and it is in Spanish. Thanks for the news! And of course, the pic.