Sunday, March 18, 2007

The Mothering Sunday Updates to Euro Crime

A reminder of this month's competitions:

Win one of five copies of 'Haggard Hawk' by Marcus Barr (UK & Europe)

Win one of five copies of 'Cross' by Ken Bruen (No restrictions)

Win one of ten copies of A Greater Evil/Evil is Done by Natasha Cooper (US, UK & Europe)

Win one of two sets of Seasons 1-3 of Wire in the Blood on DVD (R1) (US only)


This week's new reviews are:

Players by Paul McAuley reviewed by Pat Austin
The Prone Gunman by Jean-Patrick Manchette reviewed by me

and revisiting the latest books by a couple of European masters:

Voices by Arnaldur Indridason, reviewed by Maxine (Petrona) Clarke,
Wash This Blood Clean From My Hand by Fred Vargas, reviewed by Karen Chisholm

Bibliographies have been added for - Anthea Cohen, Vangelis Hatziyannidis, Alan Hunter, Peter Lengyel, Lee Martin, Sophia McDougall, Laura Spinney, Carl Storm, Jerry Sykes and Brian Thompson - and updated for - Jan Kjaerstad, Scott Mariani and Sue Walker.

There is now a list of authors born in Scotland. (Any additions appreciated).

The news page was updated yesterday with links to the previous week's reviews and articles in the UK papers.

Details of all the updates can be found on the site progress page.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You've been busy, Karen, an impressive collection of updates indeed. Thanks for posting my review. I'll hae a go at the competitions for the books I don't have -- not sure if quite my cup of tea, but why not? Luckily for me I already bought the DVD in your competition after being recommended via my "boxed sets" post -- as your version is US only. I hope it is good, but I probably won't get around to watching my set for a few years.
Thanks again for all these updates-- you are incredibly productive.