Tuesday, June 03, 2008

International Dagger - Shortlist

From a comment on the previous post:
Roger Cornwell said...

Here's the shortlist:

Andrea Camilleri (The Patience of the Spider)
Stieg Larsson (The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo)
Dominique Manotti (Lorraine Connection)
Martin Suter (A Deal with the Devil)
Fred Vargas (This Night's Foul Work)

More information on the this page on the CWA website. And feel free to comment in the Daggers Forum.

I'm sorry, I don't know what books were submitted, but it's a possible reason for not shortlisting that the book wasn't entered in the first place. If you're not in, you can't win!
Well I got 2 correct...More information on the titles and reasons for choice - on the CWA website.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I find it a bit disappointing... the predicted ones are so... obvious.

And the Camilleri is, I would have imagined, quite, quite obviously his weakest effort.

Uriah Robinson said...

You can't have an International Dagger list without a Camilleri ;o). Even if it is not his strongest work.

I cannot see how The Draining Lake by Arnaldur Indridason was omitted but then perhaps the storyline involving the regime in East Germany might not be popular in some quarters.

I must get round to reading the Stieg Larsson which has been sitting on my TBR shelf for months.