Tuesday, August 19, 2008


On Sunday I made one of my twice yearly trips to Hay on Wye and this is what I bought:

(If you click on the photo the titles become legible!)

The haul mostly comprises translated crime fiction from a while ago, a few books by Australian authors and some other odds and s*ds.

(Martin Edwards's blog is having an impact on my purchases :-))


maxine said...

Don't let me go there! I see you have a Karen Altvgen, I'm planning to read her...one day ;-)

crimeficreader said...

We missed each other by about 24 hrs - I was there on Saturday afternoon. I got a rather nice John Lawton haul, most of which will be in the mail for Norm when I manage to get to the post office!

Peter Rozovsky said...

Nice to see some Australians in there including my favorite Shane Maloney novel. I recommend you start on that pile by reading Nice Try.
Detectives Beyond Borders
"Because Murder Is More Fun Away From Home"

Euro Crime said...

I've read Stiff, Peter and have The Brush-off already in the tbr. This was a 'series read' on 4MA a while ago but I only got as far as the first one!

Euro Crime said...

cfr- I nearly went on Saturday instead. That would have a been a nice surprise as I'm sure we'd have met up :-).

Euro Crime said...

Maxine - me too, one day... There's a new out next Feb - Shadow.

Uriah Robinson said...

I have read Betrayal by Karin Alvtegen and it was a very dark psychological thriller.
I think you would probably both enjoy her writing but there are not many laughs.

Martin Edwards said...

An interesting haul - I envy you living much closer to Hay than me. But it's probably as well that distance restricts my visits to once a year - too many books, too little shelf space at home!

'Choice Cuts' is a strange book. Not typical of the authors, but interesting.