Thursday, August 06, 2009

The Vanishing of Katharina Linden

I've recently reviewed the young adult book, The Vanishing of Katharina Linden by Helen Grant, on my other blog.

Though the protagonist is only 10/11 at the time of the events that occur, it is her older 17/18 year-old self recounting events.

It's a crime novel, set in Germany and if you liked the chapters narrated by ten-year-old Kate Meaney in Catherine O Flynn's What Was Lost, you will probably enjoy this one.

I certainly did and found it to be well written with an engaging lead and the German traditions added to the interest.

My review can be found here.

4 comments:

Dorte H said...

This might be something for my daughter. I like that cover - a mixture between fairy tale and Karin Fossum :D

Anonymous said...

My husband was very surprised that it counted as a children's book. And the Guardian reviewed it as 'ordinary' crime.

Karen (Euro Crime) said...

It's quite scary I thought, in a very creepy way. I didn't realise Guardian had treated it as an adult selection. btw BW have you heard about RTD's The Writer's Tale v2?

Anonymous said...

Really creeped me out. But still it was an amazing book and I raced through it!