Wednesday, January 27, 2010

An Author Wanted...

I work at a charming community library in North Birmingham - Mere Green:

and I've been tasked with organising an author visit. Recently we had a visit from Judith Cutler and Edward Marston and other guests have included Maureen Carter and R J Ellory.

Before the author visit we reserve as much of their library stock as is allowable and have the books on the display, thus ensuring lots of issues (and associated public lending rights revenue).

So if any author reading this would like to get some extra publicity and meet some of their fans, please contact me. I'm looking to get someone for March, on a Wednesday am or pm or a Tuesday or Thursday evening ie after 7pm.

Doesn't have to be a crime author either so if you know someone who'd be interested, please pass my plea on!

email: karen at eurocrime dot co dot uk

7 comments:

Uriah Robinson said...

Karen, I see there are some very smart vehicles parked outside your library. My stepdaughter who works in East Grinstead library has a slighter smaller vehicle a Mercedes Smartcar.

Maxine Clarke said...

How nice to see where you work, Karen! I suggest Martin Edwards and Ann Cleeves - especially as they both have books coming out soon.

Karen (Euro Crime) said...

It is in one of the posher areas of Birmingham - I'd probably be told of for saying Bham, it's actually in Sutton Coldfield where personal number-plates are plentiful (though in Bham Library service).

It's a bit late now but perhaps one of Martin or Ann or both could have called in on their way to the launch party... Still there's always next financial year, we try and have at least one author visit a year.

Maxine Clarke said...

Any chance of getting Catherine O'Flynn? I loved her "What was lost" - thanks again for that recommendation, a brilliant one.

Karen (Euro Crime) said...

Oh I should say that they are not staff cars in front of the library! We abut a large carpark, along with Sainsbury's (v useful).

Martin Edwards said...

A kind thought, Maxine! I would, needless to say, be very keen, if an event could fit around my day job commitments. Unfortunately, this March, I'll be away in the US for Left Coast Crime for part of the time. (It's not really 'unfortunate', as I hope it will be a fun trip, but you know what I mean...)

Karen (Euro Crime) said...

Perhaps something could be arranged another time Martin?