Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Favourite Reads/Listens of 2009

I've been reading crime fiction for several decades now and in 2009 I felt in need of a recharge so I didn't keep up with all the latest and greatest crime releases last year; I read some non-crime, some non-fiction and of course some teenage fiction for my other blog. I think it has helped and I now feel re-enthusiastic about my crime!

The aggregrated list of euro crime reviewers's favourite reads of last year will appear soon but here are my top 5 euro crime reads/listens, the links go to related posts on the blog:
Andrea Camilleri - August Heat
Arnaldur Indridason - Silence of the Grave (audio)
Stieg Larsson - The Girl Who Played with Fire
Alexander McCall Smith - Tea Time for the Traditionally Built (audio)
Jon Stock - Dead Spy Running (audio)
(My favourite teenage reads can be found here.)

2 comments:

Maxine Clarke said...

I've read three of your five and certainly concur that they are excellent books. Glad to read you are re-enthused about crime fiction!

Kerrie said...

Thanks for your contributions Karen. I've also read 3 of your 5, and I'm interested in the audio ones to add to my ideas.