Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Favourite Reads/Listens of 2009

I've been reading crime fiction for several decades now and in 2009 I felt in need of a recharge so I didn't keep up with all the latest and greatest crime releases last year; I read some non-crime, some non-fiction and of course some teenage fiction for my other blog. I think it has helped and I now feel re-enthusiastic about my crime!

The aggregrated list of euro crime reviewers's favourite reads of last year will appear soon but here are my top 5 euro crime reads/listens, the links go to related posts on the blog:
Andrea Camilleri - August Heat
Arnaldur Indridason - Silence of the Grave (audio)
Stieg Larsson - The Girl Who Played with Fire
Alexander McCall Smith - Tea Time for the Traditionally Built (audio)
Jon Stock - Dead Spy Running (audio)
(My favourite teenage reads can be found here.)


Maxine said...

I've read three of your five and certainly concur that they are excellent books. Glad to read you are re-enthused about crime fiction!

Kerrie said...

Thanks for your contributions Karen. I've also read 3 of your 5, and I'm interested in the audio ones to add to my ideas.