Sunday, January 24, 2010

New Reviews: Breckon, Cotterill, Hall, Jungstedt, Pineiro, Strong

January competition reminder: 3 copies of A K Shevchenko's Bequest are up for grabs. There are no geographical restrictions. Details of how to enter can be found here.

Here are this week's reviews:
Rik Shepherd reviews the Ian Breckon's debut novel, set in WW2: Knight of Swords;

Michelle Peckham reviews the paperback edition of Colin Cotterill's Curse of the Pogo Stick the fith in the Dr Siri series;

Maxine Clarke reviews M R Hall's The Disappeared, the follow up to the award-winning The Coroner;

Laura Root reviews the paperback release of Mari Jungstedt's Unknown, tr. Tiina Nunnally (US: The Inner Circle), the third in the Inspector Knutas series set on Gotland;

I review Argentinian author Claudia Pineiro's delightfully gossipy Thursday Night Widows, tr. Miranda France

and Terry Halligan reviews the re-release of Terence Strong's Stalking Horse set during the first Gulf War.
Previous reviews can be found in the review archive and forthcoming titles can be found here.

2 comments:

Maxine Clarke said...

Some nice reviews, Karen, as usual. Thursday Night Widows sounds great fun and I shall definitely put that on my list as I think I'd enjoy it. Although I don't read Jack Higgins-style thrillers any more, the one by Terence Strong sounds very tempting, also. Interesting to see Laura's slightly different take on Unknown.

Danielle said...

I enjoyed your review of Thursday Night Widows--I just finished it myself over the weekend and really enjoyed it. Although I don't watch Desperate Housewives, it came to mind as I was reading, too!