Thursday, May 20, 2010

Crime Fest Quiz 2010

I'm pleased to report that your erstwhile correspondent was part of the winning team, the Monkey Coalition, at the quiz tonight at Crime Fest. The team comprised readers Rik, Carol and myself and authors, Ann Cleeves, Martin Edwards and Cath Staincliffe. The prize was a large mixed box of books, talking books and DVDs which we plundered to our own personal satisfaction. I'm afraid I had little to do with our success, rather it was Martin and Rik who stole the show!

6 comments:

Maxine Clarke said...

You are far too modest, Karen, I bet you contributed significantly, especially once they strayed into translated territory (if they did). Good move to have that particular team ;-)
I noticed that Peter R has posted about coming second. Yay, go the Monkeys! (Hope to hear more about the specifics of the plunder in due course ;-) )

Uriah Robinson said...

Well done Karen.

Karen (Euro Crime) said...

Peter's team included Ayo and Maxim!

Karen (Euro Crime) said...

I could list The Girl Who books in order and name the actress who played Salander and that was most of my contribution.

Maxine Clarke said...

I could just about manage that one - and so could Norman, plus a bonus point for the actress concerned commenting at his blog!

Rik Shepherd said...

The trick is to be on the same team as Martin Edwards, as he knows almost everything.

I knew which Philip Marlowe book was filmed by HBO in 199something and got most of the name of the chap who directed Round Midnight (and, later, a crime film which was the point of the question)