Monday, June 28, 2010

The Sea, The Sea

I noticed that Harlan Coben's latest paperback has the sea on the front and we've reviewed a couple of titles recently, which also have the sea on the cover: Diane Janes's The Pull of the Moon and Louise Welsh's Naming the Bones. I'm not sure how relevant the covers are to the contents of the first three but the fourth title, Genesis by Bernard Beckett, has a very appropriate cover. Genesis is a YA/Adult cross-over title - more science-fiction than crime though it does contain a crime - which came out last year and I reviewed it on my teenage blog.


3 comments:

Maxine Clarke said...

If anyone is thinking of reading that Harlan Coben - beware - it is a reissue of a book he wrote "as a young man" before he became well known. I was browsing it in a bookshop at the weekend, and in a preface the author himself even calls it flawed.

Great set of covers, Karen - I love this "series"!

avisannschild said...

It's so interesting how similar these are and yet so different too. My favourite is definitely the Louise Welsh one, which makes me feel a bit off-balance and queasy. I've never heard of her before, although just from the cover I suspect she'll be too creepy for me...

Amy said...

The new Peter Gaye title, Safe from the Sea, has a nearly identical cover as well on the ARC.