Wednesday, June 09, 2010

What are the odds?

Thanks to Roger Cornwell sending this via the Dagger judges group. Apparently you can bet on which title will win the Golden Dagger for Non Fiction and the International Dagger:
The Girl Who Kicked The Hornets' Nest - Stieg Larsson 9/4
Hypothermia - Arnadur Indridason 10/3
Thirteen Hours - Deon Meyer 4/1
August Heat - Andrea Camilleri 9/2
Badfellas - Tonino Benacquista 9/2
The Darkest Room - Johan Theorin 9/2
Quick Euro Crime Poll Update:

1) Want to win is currently a close tussle between Hypothermia and Hornets' Nest.
2) Think will win is, well, Hornets' is streaking away.

Plenty of time left to cast your votes in the polls on the top-right of this blog.

4 comments:

Fiona said...

I must say I'm rather surprised at how many people think Hornet's Nest will, and should, win... It's a great entertainment, but...!

Maxine Clarke said...

Quite, Fiona. The Darkest Room is a superb crime novel - as is Hypothermia.

Fiona said...

Quite! I always hate sounding pretentious, but, as fantastic a piece of entertainment that the Larsson books are, I always think the awards should go to the books that are more "art". Both of which those are.

kathy d. said...

I haven't read "Hornet's Nest," nor "Hypothermia," although that one is on my TBR pile.

I did read the first two of the Millennium trilogy and the first five by Indridason. I read one of each at about the same time, alternating and while I was pulled in by Larsson's sensational plotting and characters, I thought Indridason the better writer.

This is a tough call.