Monday, August 02, 2010

Website updates - August

I've been slaving away on the website but unfortunately ran out of time yesterday for new reviews and the new competitions (I hope to sort the competitions out today).

I received a request a while ago for an "England" tab in my Books by Country of Birth section. I wasn't able to sort that out until I returned by database to Access which I did recently and now have the benefit of "update queries". So, as there was nearly 900 authors without any country of birth filled in on my database, I have gritted my teeth and made the assumption that they were born in England. So I do apologise if I've got that wrong for some authors. Please let me know and I will change it asap. Consequently the England page is rather long.

A more recent suggestion was about viewing the reviews by reviewer. Unfortunately my website isn't interactive and you aren't able to filter the reviews page down so instead I have set up individual pages for each reviewer. You can see the names/links if you scroll down to the review archive section on the reviews page.

And, in the New Releases page I've added releases for 2011 by category.

I've also uploaded the usual updates to the Euro Crime website:
  • The Author Websites page now lists 841 sites.

  • The New & Upcoming Releases pages have been updated.

  • In Bibliographies there are now bibliographies for 1584 authors (8143 titles with links to 1785 reviews):

  • I've added new bibliographies for: Bernardo Atxaga, G M Best, Kenneth Cameron, James Conan, Alex Connor, Gary Corby, Thomas Enger, Patrick Gooch, Barry Grant, Elizabeth Haynes, James Henry, Ali Knight, Bruce MacBain, Kathleen McCaul, Gerard O'Donovan, Felix Palma, Ben Pastor, Roger Pearce, John Phelps, Rod Rees, Joh F Rice, Guy Saville, Dan Smith and Simon Toyne.

    I've updated the bibliographies (ie added new titles) for: Jane Adams, David Armstrong, Maureen Ash, Colin Bateman, Belinda Bauer, Simon Beaufort, Cara Black, Stephen Booth, Rhys Bowen, Christopher Brookmyre, Jane Casey, C S Challinor, Joanna Challis, Roy Chester, Alys Clare, Ann Cleeves, Rory Clements, Sean Cregan, Charles Cumming, David Stuart Davies, John Dean, David Dickinson, Ruth (R S) Downie, Kate Ellis, Alan Glynn, J G Goodhind, Dolores Gordon-Smith, Alex Gray, Susanna Gregory, J M Gregson, Elly Griffiths, June Hampson, Sophie Hannah, Tom Harper, C S Harris,Cynthia Harrod-Eagles, Veronica Heley, Matt Hilton, Graham Hurley, Graham Ison, Quintin Jardine, Jessie Keane, Jim Kelly, Simon Kernick, Hans-Werner Kettenbach, Alanna Knight, Roberta Kray, John Lawton, Robert Lewis, Matt Lynn, Ian McFadyen, Andy McNab, Dreda Say Mitchell, Aly Monroe, Ian Morson, Steve Mosby, Amy Myers, Barbara Nadel, Malcolm Noble, J A O'Brien, Nick Oldham, Anne Perry, R T Raichev, Imogen Robertson, Luis Miguel Rocha, Priscilla Royal, William Ryan, Mark Sanderson, Teresa Solana, Sally Spencer, Oliver Stark, Mel/Melvin R Starr, Jon Stock, Abbie Taylor, The Mulgray Twins, James Thompson, M J Trow, Simone van der Vlugt, Jeri Westerson, Michael White and Emily Winslow.
    If you spot any errors or omissions do let me know.

    4 comments:

    Bernadette said...

    Wow - ask and ye shall receive, thanks Karen

    Maxine Clarke said...

    Karen, this is marvellous, thank you so much! I am so grateful for a "by reviewer" page, thanks. I'll link to that from my blog, etc.
    I'm going to be very busy when I am back, checking out all these new "new releases", author websites and biblios, thank you!

    Don't work too hard...this is such a wonderful resource, thank you again.

    Shaun Webb said...

    Some of my favorite authors re on this sight. I love it!!!

    Dorte H said...

    Amazing job!

    You probably have the same problem with ´England´ as I have which is why I use the labels Scottish and British (meaning I think it is England but am not sure :D)