Thursday, September 30, 2010

New Reviews: Bourland, Patterson-Marklund, Roslund-Hellstrom

Last call: Closing today. September's Competition which is open internationally:
Win one of three copies of From the Dead by Mark Billingham (Worldwide)

Here are this week's reviews, sorry there's only 3 this time but I'm away this weekend. Normal service should be resuming very soon!:
Terry Halligan reviews The Baker Street Phantom by Fabrice Bourland, tr. Morag Young;

I review the Patterson-Marklund collaboration that is: Postcard Killers (definitely not the next Stieg Larsson);

and Maxine Clarke reviews the "addictive thriller" Three Seconds by Roslund-Hellstrom, tr. Kari Dickson which is published today.
Previous reviews can be found in the review archive and forthcoming titles can be found by author or date, here.

2 comments:

Maxine Clarke said...

Thanks, Karen. I am still vaguely (but not very) tempted by postcards, though. Especially if my netgalley request ever gets an answer in the form of the e-version!

kathy d. said...

Rah, rah! Definitely NOT the next Stieg Larsson is James Patterson.

I can't even look at these covers on display, more or less turn the pages.

I'll stifle my urge to despair over what gets published sometimes, versus good authors who can't get published or republished.