Monday, January 17, 2011

Anthony Horowitz to pen Sherlock Holmes Novel

Read the whole article at the Bookseller.

Orion is to publish a new full-length Sherlock Holmes novel, written by Alex Rider author Anthony Horowitz, after he was selected by the Conan Doyle Estate.

Further details about the title, to be published in September, are still to be revealed, though it will be "a brilliant mystery novel, stripped back to the original style of Conan Doyle", according to the publisher.

Horowitz said: "I fell in love with the Sherlock Holmes stories when I was 16 and I've read them many times since. I simply couldn't resist this opportunity to write a brand new adventure for this iconic figure and my aim is to produce a first rate mystery for a modern audience while remaining absolutely true to the spirit of the original."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Karen - Interesting news... I must confess, I'm a purist. However, I also try to be open-minded, so it'll be interesting to see if this turns out to be a good 'un.

Kulsuma said...

I can't wait to read this now. Too excited!