Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Double Nesbo

Intersting news from Booktrade, that Jo Nesbo's newest Harry Hole (in Norwegian) is to be available in English next year. I thought the next one in the series that we'd get would be #1 Harry Hole, The Batman. Plus, a peep on amazon says that a standalone, Headhunters will be available in September. I presume the usual translator, Don Bartlett, is continuing his fine work...
The Random House Group UK is delighted to announce the publication of Jo Nesbo's eagerly-awaited sequel to his # 1 bestseller The Leopard. Phantom will be published in English in spring 2012. The newly-published Norwegian edition has gone straight to the top of the bestseller list in Norway, and the paperback edition of The Leopard sits in the # 1 spot on Norway's paperback chart.

The Leopard, a #1 Sunday Times bestseller, spent four months on the bestseller list following publication in January this year, and paperback publication by Vintage Books is eagerly anticipated on 7 July 2011. (Complete with Euro Crime quote.)

2 comments:

Maxine Clarke said...

St Don of Bartlett (the translator) hinted that the next one is not as gorily detailed as The Leopard so maybe I'll give Phantom a go. Nesbo is certainly exciting to read, if you don't mind a few sections verging on schlock horror/torture which I have to say I do mind.

kathy d. said...

I thought The Redeemer (here in the States anyway) was being held until The Snowman was published here, and that would be the next release, along with The Leopard.

I just read that publishers here were set to release The Redeemer, but liked The Snowman better so they put that out first. (My library has multiple copies of The Snowman, only one of The Redeemer, which is noncirculating.)

I can't read horror and torture and I don't read books packed with these themes, but if a book has a bit of it, I'll read it and skip sections. (I even did that with Stieg Larsson's books in a few places, as when there were descriptions of women having been mutilated terribly. I can't read that.)

I don't know why Nesbo is writing this way. Nemesis was so good in plotting and characters. Is it a substitute for good writing, creativity or is it pushed by publishers?