Tuesday, July 05, 2011

The Wings of the Sphinx - Cover Opinions

This week's selection for "cover opinions" is the US and UK covers for Andrea Camilleri's CWA International Dagger shortlisted, The Wings of the Sphinx translated by Stephen Sartarelli.

So what are your thoughts on the US (LHS) and UK (RHS) covers? Which would entice you to pick the book up if you were not familiar with the books of Andrea Camilleri?

If you have read it, how well do the covers match the story?

Read the Euro Crime reviews by Maxine and by me of The Wings of the Sphinx.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Karen - I like the UK cover better. I can't be sure exactly why - maybe the colour combination. But it does appeal to me more.

Maxine Clarke said...

I love the uk covers. This one is particularly nice I think.

Dorte H said...

I don´t like the US cover at all, but can´t explain why because I often like such a colour scheme. The British one is much better though I´d prefer one that wasn´t split in two.