Wednesday, February 08, 2012

Paying Homage: Brat Farrar

A few posts ago I mentioned a new series by Diane Capri which pays homage to a character from Lee Child's very successful thriller series, in her Hunt for Jack Reacher series.

I recently listened to an audio book which payed homage to the plot of the classic mystery by Josephine Tey: Brat Farrar.

Jenny Valentine's The Double Life of Cassiel Roadnight is a teenage/young adult novel which is set in Hay-on-Wye.

I haven't read Brat Farrar, though I have a copy - not this one with the stunning Mark Greenstreet on the cover - but I did watch the BBC TV series when it was shown many many moons ago and loved it. It's not available to buy but you can watch a patchy version on You Tube.

3 comments:

Sarah Hilary said...

I read Brat Farrar for the first time recently. It's got a terrific premise and Brat's voice is great, but the social/historical tone has dated more noticeably than her Franchise Affair, which I think is her best book.

Anonymous said...

The complete movie "Brat Farrar" can be found in four parts at www.dailymotion.com. It's the most complete version I have seen. Great!

CL said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.