Thursday, May 03, 2012

A Means of Escape by Joanna Price

A Means of Escape is the first in the Kate Linton series by Joanna Price which is set in Glastonbury.

When Lizzie reviewed it so positively for Euro Crime, I subsequently downloaded the Kindle sample, raced through that and bought the ridiculously cheap full version.

I don't have much to add to Lizzie's review except that I too thoroughly enjoyed the book. The plot works well in the "new age" atmosphere of Glastonbury, there are plenty of red herrings and it keeps the identity of the killer murky plus there is a sparky, but not (yet at least) romantic, relationship between the two main detectives.

I wish I'd read it sooner (International Dagger reading has been my main reading for the last 8 months) however it does mean, not such a long wait for the sequel, Eeny Meeny Miny Moe, which is out at the end of the month.



2 comments:

Maxine Clarke said...

Ooh, thanks for the recommendation. Off I go yet again to acquire yet another book, sigh!

Uriah Robinson said...

Glastonbury and Avebury, sounds like another series I must read........ as trips over huge pile of books.