1. Belgium: Agatha Christie, Georges SimenonThe podcasts/programmes can be listened to for another few weeks at Radio 4's Foreign Bodies website.
2. Germany: Friedrich Durrenmatt [also mentioned: (by Mrs Peabody): Friedrich Glauser; Ferdinand von Schirach]
3. Czechoslovakia : Josef Skvorecky
4. Netherlands: Nicholas Freeling [Interviewed: Saskia Noort who mentioned A C Baantjer]
5. Sweden: Maj Sjowall and Per Wahloo [Interviewed: Jo Nesbo, Henning Mankell, Val McDermid, Asa Larsson, Gunnar Staalesen, Jens Lapidus, Camilla Lackberg]
Many more bibliographies (by nationality) can be found via the Euro Crime Books page.