Thursday, December 04, 2014

Ian Rankin News

I've just received the latest newsletter from Ian Rankin and it contains a bit of news about upcoming books:

October saw the launch of The Beat Goes On: The Complete Rebus Stories. Only they weren’t quite as complete as I’d hoped – just prior to publication, I found one I’d missed . . . !** Then there was a German tour. Over there, Saints of the Shadow Bible is called Sleeping Dogs, which is actually a nice title – you’ll know why if you’ve read the book! November meant South Africa and Greece, and December . . . well, in December I’ll be planning next year’s book.

Does that come as news to you? Yes, I’ve signed up for two more novels. I hope to start writing the first one in January, so I’m already mulling over themes, plots, titles. I really enjoyed putting my feet up for a while, but I’m itching to get back to writing something substantial. So if you see me doing too much loitering on Twitter, tell me to get back to work!

**I heard Ian on the radio and he said the missing story would be in the paperback edition and on his website (I don't think it is there yet).

No comments: