Thursday, January 05, 2017

Favourite Euro Crime Reads of 2016 - Amanda

As promised here are the Euro Crime reviewers' favourite European/translated reads of 2016. I'll be posting individual lists to begin with, followed by the usual summary post.

Amanda Gillies's favourite reads of 2016

My top five reads for this year, in order of preference, are:

1) His Bloody Project by Graeme Macrae Burnet
2) A Suitable Lie by Michael Malone
3) The Passenger by F R Tallis
4) All the Devils by Neil Broadfoot
5) Murderabilia by Craig Robertson

Each year it gets harder to choose, but every so often a book stands out and is impossible to forget. Such is my Number One for this year - a real cracker of a tale that was, deservedly, shortlisted for the Man Booker prize. Many thanks to Karen for having me in her team for another year. Reviewing books for Euro Crime is one of my greatest pleasures.

No comments: